OSS COMPETITIVE TRYOUTS
Ocean State's Try-Outs for the 2017-2018 Competitive Season will be held June 5th - 21st.
- All players must be pre-registered and must attend the age-specific try-out per the below schedule
- Location - at our fields, 650 Stony Lane, North Kingstown 02852 - please drive to the fields at the back of the property, OS13 & OS16. In the event of heavy rain, we will advise a different venue.
- Time - for all Try-Outs, sign-in is from 5.30-6pm; try-outs will be 6-7.30pm
- Requests to play-up - All players wishing to play up an age group, must attend the tryout for their age group and the age group they wish to play up.
- Cost is $20 per player (non-refundable) to be paid at time of pre-registration; no charge ($0) for children of current OSS Coaches or Team Managers.
All players intending to try-out MUST PRE-REGISTER - please click HERE to pre-register.
DATES OF TRY-OUTS:
DOBs 2008 - 2009
- BOYS - Monday JUNE 5th
- GIRLS - Tuesday JUNE 6th
DOBs 2006 - 2007
- BOYS - Thursday JUNE 8th
- GIRLS - Wednesday JUNE 7th
DOBs 2004 - 2005
- BOYS - Monday JUNE 12th
- GIRLS - Wednesday JUNE 14th
DOBs 1999 - 2003
- BOYS - Tuesday JUNE 20th
- GIRLS - Wednesday JUNE 21st
Costs of Competive Play at OSS
Cost for the 2017-18 season varies from team to team total costs (i.e. OSS fees plus additional costs) is generally around $450.00.
All players in all programs receive the following:
Fall Outdoor Season – (August – November)
- Practice 2 times a week at Ocean State Soccer Fields
U12 and below will play in the RI Superliga league or other approved league
- U13 and above play will be at Coaches discretion.
Winter Indoor Season – (November – March)
- Nov-March – Practice one day a week at Wide World of Sports
- Wide World of Sport Play is Coaches discretion (additional cost)
Spring Outdoor Season
- Practice 2 times a week at Ocean State Soccer
- All teams will play games played in Superliga or other approved league
In addition all players will receive:
8 weeks Higher Lever training - a speed agility quickness system to improve athletic efficiency, foot speed and coordination
12 weeks Goalie training – all goalies will have opportunity to be trained by a certified goalie trainer
Memorial Day tournament in New Hampshire
U8 and U10 teams participate in the Soccer Rhode Island Tournament in Spring.
U12 and above to compete in Soccer RI Cup in Spring.
Referee Fees for each of fall and spring seasons.
Tournament fees for any additional tournaments.
Wide World of Sport Game indoor games – 2 sessions.